Galaxy’s Edge is opening at Disneyland Resort in California on 31st May 2019 and at Walt Disney World in Florida on August 29th. But what do we know about this new Star Wars land (Battu) we can visit?
The Galaxy’s Edge panel at Star Wars Celebration has given us further insight into what we can expect.
- Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run – This is your opportunity to become part of the flight crew and pilot the fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy. It will be your actions that determine the fate of the Falcon. But beware, Hondo may be a phenomenal boss, but does not take lightly to his ship being brought back in bad shape!
- Rise of the Resistance – You will be involved in a battle between the First Order and the Resistance. You may be caught, but if you escape you will be celebrated as a hero. All the fan favourites will be a part of the attraction.
- John Williams has composed all the incredible music for Galaxy’s Edge.
- Rex (old pilot from Star Tours) is back as a DJ. He crash landed on Battu and was rescued and repaired and made into a DJ for Oga’s cantina.
- Yoda is back and is being viced again by Frank Oz
- Nien Nunb is being voiced by the original voice actor Bill Kipsang Rotich
- Coca-Cola has translated their products into Aurabesh for the first time and produced authentic Star Wars bottles for Galaxy’s Edge.
- The ‘Play Disney Parks’ app will work with the interactive Galaxy’s Edge park. You will have the option to Hack, Scan, Translate and Tune into stories happening around you.
- You will be able to build your own lightsaber which you customise yourself.
See the screenshots below that were part of the panel at Star Wars Celebration, including some new footage and images of Galaxy’s Edge.